The BitLaunch LEMP comes with a selection of software:
- Nginx - A webserver to serve your pages.
- PHP - The general-purpose scripting language geared toward web development.
- MySQL - The database that can store content, usually interacted with your PHP app.
On your server:
- The default web root is located at /var/www/html
- You can find your MySQL root credentials at /root/.credentials
- You can setup SSL by running: install-ssl
Hosting web content
To host web content, simply add your website files to /var/www/html. Nginx comes pre-configured to serve files from this directory and pass any PHP requests to the pre-installed php interpreter. To add files to your server, you can use SFTP. You can find a helpful guide here.
How to add SSL
The BitLaunch LEMP app contains a tool which utilises Certbot to generate certificates for domains. This tool also generates some Nginx config to perform validation and serving of SSL content for your given domain.
Important - Before generating a certificate, you should make sure you have a domain pointed at your server IP. To get help on domains with BitLaunch, please take a look at our DNS/Domain guide here.
To get started, simply type
install-ssl on your server. You will be prompted to enter a domain. Once the process has been completed, you will find the generated Nginx configuration at
A cronjob will be inserted so that your domains will renew automatically.
After the process is complete, you can visit your domain using https.